Arrival and Dismissal
- Our first responsibility at school is student safety. We know that you also share this concern, and we need your assistance in making sure that all children arrive and depart from school safely. We ask that you adhere to the instructions provided in order for us to be able to better supervise students during the drop off and pickup time.
- We will have staff posted at key intersections on campus to direct you and help ensure a smooth and steady flow of the traffic. Please be patient, alert, and follow their directions.
- Please have your student(s) prepared to exit the vehicle upon arrival at the student drop off point. This will help ensure smooth and steady traffic flow.
- Drop off and pick up only at the designated area. Follow the traffic flow of the car line.
- Please pull all the way into the car drop off area to stop and unload your student(s). Students must follow sidewalks when dropped off.
- If parents wish to park in the morning, use the front parking area and walk your child into the building.
- Please refrain from using your cell phone while on campus especially in the drop off and pick up line. This distraction greatly increases the risk of an accident on our camps and possible injury to our students and staff. Texting while driving is against MS law and subject to a large fine.
- Please be alert. Drive slowly and cautiously while on campus and in our school zones.
- The drop off points will be staffed at 7:15 a.m. Students are not allowed on campus before 7:15 a.m. Afternoon “Checkout” times will be cut off at 2:45 p.m. Car riders will be dismissed at 3:15 p.m.
- Car Drop Off: Cars may enter the back of the school on the east and west sides of the buildings. Both sides are in a single file line. Cars that enter Droke Rd. from the east side take the first road on the left that enters the back of the building. Cars that enter Droke Rd. from the west side (South Parkway) should take the first road on the right to enter the back of the building. Both lines merge into one line to enter the drop-off zone. Cars should use the entire side walk to unload, pulling all the way down to maximize the number of students unloaded at a time. All traffic exits on the west side of the school.
- Bus Route: All buses will turn off Droke Rd. and will follow their assigned traffic flow for buses. Buses will unload in the lanes closest to the front of the school. Middle school students or other students waiting to board the bus at CES will also load in the same area.
- Car Pick Up: Cars may enter the back of the school on the east and west sides of the buildings. Cars that enter Droke Rd. from the east side take the first road on the left that enters the back of the building. Cars that enter Droke Rd. from the west side (South Parkway) should take the first road on the right to enter the back of the building. The west side is a single file line and the east side uses both lanes for a double line. Teachers will give instructions for where to move after car numbers are called in. Car duty teachers will walk students out in groups of eight. All traffic exits on the west side of the school.
- Bus Route: Buses depart from CES and will travel east or west on Droke Rd. Buses will enter campus from the East side of Droke Rd, and will line up in the lanes closest to the front of the school. Once buses have come to a complete stop and parked, students will then board the bus. Once buses have been loaded and cleared by staff, bus drivers will depart following the west exit of the school.